Monday, December 5, 2011

Four Patch Magic!

Here is my third scrappy quilt from quiltville.com.  It is called, "Four Patch and Furrows". I started with two inch strips in a variety of colors. From these strips the four patch blocks are made.

Strips--Four Patch

The second part is making the half-triangle blocks, and then arranging them to complete the quilt top.

Blocks--Half Triangles & Four Patch

I usually sew my blocks together in rows and continue until all the rows are attached. Here are three rows ready and waiting to be sewn together.

Four Patch and Furrows

This quilt top is really too large to display on the loveseat below, so I have it folded in half to show how colorful it turned out. Since I had cut lots of strips, I was able to bring them into the quilt in the border.

Quilt Top--closeup

It is always a fun project when one can use up old fabrics from the stash cabinet.  I have been enjoying this SCRAPPY quilt journey.
  
My Quilt Top
Four Patch & Furrows -- (approx. 63" x 75")

Please visit Bonnie's website or blog, for more details on this pattern. I have one more to share next time.


Hope you enjoyed this project. Until next time... cheers to you all!!

No comments: