Thursday, October 8, 2009

Project Item #4

Project Complete:
4. “Butterflies Return Home” – wall-hanging



Finished Quilt


This is a pattern I designed and made in 2006. The layers had already been quilted by Anita Miller from Cold Lake, Alberta and only needed the binding added.  One reason I didn't finish was that I wanted to try adding piping to the border and just didn't get motivated to do it.


When I revisited the project this week, I started with the piping and got thinking it was not what I wanted to do, so I did a mock piping strip because I still wanted the look of the white inside the binding.



Close-up of the mock piping/binding



Close-up of the stitching around the flowers


Now that it is finished, I am not sure what I'll do with this quilt.  If it is to be hung, I'll still need to add a hanging sleeve, which I totally forgot about adding with the binding.  It does feel good to finally have the two oldest projects done from my list.

No comments: