Monday, October 19, 2009

Design Is Ready for Project #7

Project Design is Complete:
7. "Beyond Baby Blocks" workshop quilt




This 2-day workshop with Carol Seeley was put on through the local quilt guild I joined for the winter in 2008-09. I remembered all the great fabrics that I had not brought with me, and so my small selection of fabrics didn't inspire me enough to complete it then. It is time to bring this design project out of the closet.

But... just to show you what I came up with in class - here are the  pieces that made it to the design wall. It would look more amazing on a black background, but I bought this beige color flannelette?? (Next time I'll know.)




I have now totally changed the theme and am looking forward to continuing the process with this new direction. The new design has been drawn out, the pattern has been enlarged, and the background fabric has been chosen. Next step is to decide on the color palette that will most successfully make this design stand out on the dark background fabric it is planned for and then to continue creating the quilt top.

My design goal here has been accomplished, and when I have finished the other quilt tops on my list I will continue with this design.  I intend to make this quilt for my January project.  It is to be my reward for finally getting all those boxes unpacked at our new location.

Enjoy your quilting journey.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love the look of 3D quilt patterns but they look so difficult. Maybe one day I will give them a try.